Requirement to attend Mass Suspended
Please note that the obligation to attend Mass continues to be suspended. You should exercise good judgement, carefully considering the risk to yourself, your family and others as to whether or not you should attend Mass in person.
Coronavirus continues to be a real danger. Please observe the following guidelines for your safety and that of others.
We want to welcome everyone to the celebration of Mass, but please do not come to church if you have…
- Been identified as a person at high risk (clinically extremely vulnerable) or if you believe yourself to be vulnerable.
- Had confirmed or suspected Covid-19 with symptoms within the last 20 days.
- Been in contact with someone with confirmed or suspected Covid-19 during the last 20 days.
- Have symptoms associated with Covid-19: A high temperature, A new, continuous cough or loss or change to your sense of smell or taste.
General safety measure in all churches
- A one-way system is in place.
- Use hand sanitiser provided or please bring and use your own.
- You are welcome to wear a mask and/or gloves if you wish to.
- Observe social distancing of at least 2 meters (six feet) at all times.
- Please touch as few surfaces as is possible.
Entering and exiting the churches
Enter via the Main Door and leave by the side (transept) door. Disabled entry only via the tower door.
St. Mary’s Church:
Enter through the door on Chapel Street and leave by the door at the Sacristy.
St. Brigid’s Church:
Weekend – Enter via the main door and leave by the side doors.
Weekdays – Enter by the side door Derrybeg side and leave by main doors.
Seating arrangements inside the churches
- Alternate seats (rows/pews) will be cordoned off to facilitate social distancing.
- Please follow the instructions of the stewards.
- Only two people may sit in each seat (row/pew). Individuals sit at each end of the seat (row/pew).
- People who live in the same household may sit together in the one seat (row/pew).
Distribution of Holy Communion
- Holy Communion will be distributed strictly in the hand only.
- Holy Communion will be distributed at the end of Mass.
- Those who wish to receive Holy Communion, please approach the altar row by row.
- Those who do not wish to receive Holy Communion, please leave before the distribution of Holy Communion.
- When you have received Holy Communion please leave the Church.
- If you wish to make your thanksgiving after Communion, find a quiet spot in the Church but do not return to your seat.