Important: Changes to webcam addresses
The parish has moved to a new provider for webcams in the Cathedral, St Mary’s and St Brigid’s churches. The new provider will offer an improved service with a significant cost-saving. Click on the direct links below to view the new webcams.
Helping less technical friends and family
The addresses for each of our webcams changed in October 2022. Anyone who has direct bookmarks/shortcuts on their TV, tablet or other device will need to update these to the new addresses to continue to watch services.
Direct links to church webcams
YouTube live broadcast trial
Newry Parish is currently trialling live streaming all scheduled Masses from Newry Cathedral via YouTube Live. You can join us during Mass at https://www.youtube.com/@NewryCathedralParishOfficial
As a courtesy, we may be able to provide a recording of the webcam when this is requested through the parish office at least 24 hours in advance of the event. Click here to contact the parish office.
We cannot accept liability for recording failures, quality issues or deletion. Webcam recordings are available for direct download from each individual webcam page for a limited time, after which time they are automatically deleted. Please download recordings as soon as is possible after the event.
Health warning: Photosensitivity
People affected by photosensitivity are advised to be cautious when viewing our webcams. In particular please be aware of…
- Light distortion due to cameras facing into direct sunlight at times.
- Flash photography.
This webcam service is provided as a courtesy and users are advised to be cautious as use is at their own risk.
Webcam not working properly?
Before reporting an issue, please take the following steps to ensure that the problem isn’t at your end:
- Try watching a video on another website. Is the sound working?
- Check that the sound hasn’t been muted on your computer, mobile phone or tablet.
- Check that the volume isn’t turned down on your computer, mobile phone or tablet.
- Check that headphones aren’t plugged into the headphone socket.
- Check that any external speakers are switched on.
- Update your tablet, phone or computer.
- Update your Internet Browser. We recommend that you use the free Google Chrome Browser to view our webcam on computers and mobile devices. Free here.
- Check your Internet Connection. Could your Internet service be down or running slowly? Check if other websites are working properly. Try switching your modem off and on. (Wait 30 seconds before re-starting)