Cathedral of St Patrick and St Colman
The stately Gothic Revival Cathedral of St Patrick and St Colman, which is situated in the centre of Newry, is proudly regarded by all sections of the community, as the city’s finest building. It is the parish church for Newry and the mother church of the Dromore Diocese. Learn more about the history of the parish’s churches here.
St. Mary’s Church
Built in 1789, St Mary’s Church, served as a pro-Cathedral for the diocese for 40 years. Affectionately known by all Newry parishioners as “the Old Chapel”
St. Brigid’s Church
St. Brigid’s Church, situated on a mound of high ground overlooking the whole Newry valley with the Camlough Road to the west and the Armagh Road to the east, serves the parishioners of Rooney’s Meadow, Derrybeg and the Armagh Road.
St. Catherine’s Church
St Catherine’s is the only Dominican community of friars in Northern Ireland.
Standing majestically above ground level, this beautiful Church, which was constructed by the Dominican Fathers, caters for those who live around Ballybot, Dominic Street, Dominic Court, Francis Street, Peter’s Place, Thomas Street, Michael Mallon Park, John Martin Street, John Martin Place, Kiln Street, James Connolly Park. Please click here to visit the website for Saint Catherine’s Church.